July Birchbox+GlamBag

Friday, July 27

Happy Friday everyone! This week has been another busy one for me, which explains the lack of posting on my part. Between several all-day teacher training workshops, and planning for the next school year, I've been left with zero energy for blogging. But, I did get this month's Birchbox and GlamBag, and it just makes the girly-girl inside of me squeal with excitement for some reason.  
Here's what I got in my box... 
Stila lip glaze in "Lights". It's about time they included a lip gloss, and the shade is nice. Score.
Bamboo Fade-Proof Fluide. Too bad I don't color my hair.
Jouer luminating moisture tint. This stuff is basically a liquid bronzer with sunscreen. I'm not a fan since I use powder foundation, and I've never been fond of bronzer.
Oscar de la Renta perfume. The scent is light and flowery.
Uber Nut and Fruit Bar. Tasty, but honestly I could live without granola bars, unless of course they're Chewy brand in chocolate chip.
Festive ear phones.

I liked Birchbox so much that I signed up for a subscription to Glam Bag. It's another website that sends you beauty samples based on a personal profile that you create. It's only $10 a month, and it comes in this nifty little cosmetic bag.
Here's what I got in my bag...
Juice Beauty Moisturizer with SPF. This was one of my favorite items in the bag. It smells so good, and I love that it has sunscreen. 
Nume Hydrating conditioner. Full of all kinds of yummy ingredients including argan oil, this conditioner is super moisturizing and smells divine.
Bare Essential "Buxom Lips" in Tonya. Love this lip gloss, especially the thickness and the shade. I use Bare Minerals for my foundation and blush, but this was my first time trying the lip gloss.
Circus Nail Laquer. Not crazy about white nail color, but I guess if there's any time for it, it's summer.
Yes to Cucumbers facial towelettes. I finally introduced myself to facial cleansing towelettes this summer, and I'm totally smitten. I first got them for a camping trip, since hot water is hard to find, and now I carry them around with me all the time. I've tried a bunch of different brands from Neutrogena to Burt's Bees. They're just so refreshing. And these ones are definitely on the top of the list.
Overall, I was happy with both my bag and box this month. Birchbox offers more diverse products, but they are often small, and are not always useful (a granola bar, seriously?) Glambag seems to include less samples, but in my opinion are products that I would actually use and even go as far as buying the full-size versions. And how fun is it to get a cute little cosmetic bag full of products every month?

If you'd like to try out Birchbox or Glambag, you can sign up for the wait list or send me an email and I'll invite you!

2 comments:

  1. My sister just introduced me to the "Yes to Cucumbers" line (apparently there's a tomato and carrot line, too...?)! So cute : ) I think GlamBag is definitely the winner of these two.

    Have you heard of IndieBox? They're a newer monthly giftbox company. They have some really cute stuff and it's all from indie artists and small businesses!

    My Billie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I saw the Yes to line at Target recently. And that Indie Box sounds awesome! It looks like they're sold out right now, but I'll definitely check it out again! Thanks Melanie!

      Delete

Calico skies All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger