52 Week Challenge: #15 DIY Party Decorations

Monday, May 7

This week I just worked on a few different little projects for Chris' graduation party (which was awesome by the way, pictures coming soon). I made some fake mustaches on a stick to use as props in photos. They were a lot of fun and super easy to make.

1/ Trace a mustache thick poster board, cut out.
2/ Paint them on both sides with black gesso (I used Liquitex) using a sponge brush.
3/ Place a small bead of hot glue on one side and attach sharp end of BBQ skewers.  
4/ Let dry and place in a mason jar and have fun!
I also made a little college banner, similar to the one I made in this post. I used felt in his school colors. This was seriously so simple and I thought it came out real cute. I measured and cut four triangles from the red felt. Then, I printed out block letters C-S-U-N, and did a poor-man's lightbox by pressing the paper behind the white felt and holding it up to a lit window and traced the letter with a water-erasable fabric pen. I cut out the letters and tacky glued them to the triangles. I doubled up embroidery thread and made just three broad stitches across the top of each triangles. I left two long tails so I could hang it on the wall.
1/  Measure and cut four triangles from the red felt. 
2/ Print out some block letters C-S-U-N. I did a poor-man's lightbox by pressing the paper behind the white felt and holding it up to a lit window, then I traced the letter with a water-erasable fabric pen. 
3/ Cut out the letters and tacky glue them to the triangles. 
4/ Doubled up some matching embroidery thread and make three broad stitches across the top of each triangles. Leave two long tails and hang it on the wall!

And here's the PiƱata I made two weeks ago for the party, up in the tree being bashed to pieces. You can see the tutorial here.

6 comments:

  1. These are awesome! Thanks for sharing your projects : ) I'm still in awe of you for making that pinata!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so love the concept, haven't seen one yet! I should add this to my list! amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just made a bunch of those mustaches & red glittery lips for a bridal shower! :] Yours look so cute!

    Don't forget to check out my giveaway!
    http://flyingfarandfree.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a very good wap site,very helpful Blog.
    The Fire Wire® Stainless Steel Flexible Grilling Skewer is a simple tool that solves a lot of complicated grilling problems.
    This flexible cable style skewer allows you to effectively use the space on your grill like never before.
    Slide food onto the Fire Wire® skewer and it stays on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats awesome. Can's you just use black paper instead of painting it.

    ReplyDelete

Calico skies All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger