Bits & Pieces

Sunday, July 8

Lately I've been sort of mia, due to the move. For me, this last week has been about packing up the things that I need, and getting rid of everything I don't. I've already donated seriously a ton of stuff. I mean bags and bags of clothes that I'll never mend or alter, books that I'll never read, and projects that I'll most likely never complete. Honestly, it feels really good to purge and let go of things that are just weighing me down, literally. Anyways, here's a few snapshots of what my life has been looking like:

Some more trinkets to add to my collection. Finally snagged the perfect granny square blanket.
The little girl has been watching me pack everything into boxes, she definitely knows something is up. I actually left the house wearing two different flip-flops on one day, and we got to see our friends' not-so-little-anymore puppy.
Some of my favorite recent munchies recently. Right there are two Long Island Ice Tea's made by my own personal mixologist (Chris). And that's us on a the 4th of July, we rented a little boat and putted around the Long Beach harbor with some friends. 
Hope you all have a wonderful week!

18 comments:

  1. Ah, so much fun. :) Love the blanket and what an adorable puppy!<3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many cute snap shots. You're not going to believe this but I have the EXACT same jar at home. It holds our rice. I hope the move goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks like so much fun!! those cupcakes look so yummy! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures! Lovely French Buldog!

    - http://despite-the-style.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. FUN! Except the moving part. Ughh its such a drag. Good luck with it all lady : )

    My Billie

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are beautiful photos. i always love how pets react to moving. it's very interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos! And I looooove your sweater in that photo! Really funky

    xo
    http://kittysnooks.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Long Beach is my home town! Seeing the Queen Mary makes me miss it more. Good luck on the rest of your move, I'm slowly moving out of my place as well and it's stressful, but I see how it's also freeing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the photo of you two on the boat!
    Your cat as beautiful colourings, and stunning eyes. I want to cuddle your puppy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to cuddle that puppy. He's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks colorful and fun! Love your sweated in that last photo.
    Great blog!

    Catherine (your newest follower)
    FEST (food, style & travel)

    ReplyDelete
  12. love your blog and that mason jar :)

    come say hello over at nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    Have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all the color in this post! Beautiful pics!

    ariarhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so loving all these photos! :)
    Hope you had fun.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  15. hope your move is going well... but i miss your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the granny square blanket! I've been looking out for one for the longest time!

    Becky
    xx

    http://www.beckybedbug.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. your kitten is so beautiful. seriously. my mother crochets, so i have always been quite blessed with an abundance of granny square blankets and afghans! i love them sooo much.

    ReplyDelete

Calico skies All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger