I got the idea form this article at Refinery 29. I'm not the best French braider, but I was happy to rock the district 12 braid!
- I parted my hair in half
- Then I began to French braid, keeping the braid close to the left side of my hair.
- As I came closer to my neck, I began to grab hair from right side of my head so that the braid would travel right.
- when I came around to the other side, I picked up pieces and pulled them over so that the bra it would lay flat.
- I fixed my flyways and sprayed it down.
- I tied it with a leather cord to look more rugged.
I've had several people comment telling me that I the Katniss braid is a Dutch braid, or inside-out braid, rather than a French braid. They are correct. However, like I said above, I'm not a hair stylist, I can barely French braid. This is just my attempt at the Katniss braid, using the French braid, and it is easy enough for anyone to try on themselves. L
Happy Hunger Games!