DIY Table Coasters

Monday, December 5

I can't believe it's already December! That means there's a lot of work to be done before Christmas eve...I've started a handful of projects that I want to give as gifts, and my boyfriend is a Christmas baby so I'm planning some DIY projects for his birthday...So it will be a busy month! Anyway, here is an easy project that makes a wonderful gift for anyone who appreciates cute handmade things (who doesn't?).


This project is so simple because because most of the supplies you need can be found at home or for a low cost. You can by individual tiles from Home Depot for about 15 cents each, but I just went to my local tile store, and the nice man gave me these for free! Try and find ones that measure about 4 x 4 inches.


For the paper, you can use any kind of paper you find interesting. I found a Chopin music book from 1921 at the Goodwill so I thought it would be perfect for my friend who is a awesome piano player.


(But how cute would it be to use pretty vintage Christmas wrapping paper?) The rest of the supplies can be found at any craft store. I think that glossy sealer is best because it makes the surface easier to clean.


After the Mod Podge is completely dry, spray two coats of sealer to the tiles. Then, cut out felt squares the same size as the tiles, and glue to the bottom using spray adhesive. This is the messy part! Make sure you paint them somewhere well ventilated, and where you won't get overspray on anything. 


Let your coasters dry for a day and then wrap them up in a pretty bow and give them to someone special!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Calico skies All rights reserved © Blog Milk - Powered by Blogger